Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yes! I am Overwhelmed and Undone (Part 2)

“Yes!  I am Overwhelmed and Undone!”
Part 2

Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”  (KJV)


Philippians 1:6 "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you."  (AMP)

 

            During the past two weeks, God used two seemingly meaningless events to overwhelm me to the point of being undone once again.  (I think I’m becoming addicted to being undone by the LORD!)  Thus, the title of this post is “Yes!  I am Overwhelmed and Undone!  Part 2.”  The first event was when I watched the movie, “To Save a Life.”  I found myself weeping and weeping uncontrollably both throughout the movie and even after the movie was complete.  Though the movie was DONE, God was yet working that I would be UNDONE. 

            Although I do get teary eyed sometimes when watching touching movies, as I connect with the characters within the story, very few movies touch and move me in this way.  I could not help but see myself in the character who committed suicide.  The Holy Spirit allowed me to return to the pain of my past, and to be touch and broken once more by that excruciating pain that caused me to cry to die.  At the time, I perceived the fear of following through with the act of suicide and fear of hell to which I knew would be my destination to be what held me back, but now I know that this fear was only a tool of God’s GRACE!  You see, God HAS NOT given us a spirit of fear.  Yet, HE will use even FEAR for His purpose, honor, and glory!  …  AND…  OH HOW I THANK GOD THAT HE DID!
      
            How did I get from that place, which I can hardly remember without God’s grace taking me back in time, to the place I am today?  For I am not that person anymore.  I have been completely transformed to the point that truly, I am a new creature, and old things have passes away.  Behold all things have become new, including and especially me!

            Before we address this key essential issue, let me first share the second event that overwhelmed me to the point of being undone.  One morning I checked my e-mail to find that my best friend from high school, whom I have not had contact with  for almost twenty years, found me, and sent me a message on face book.  Immediately, the Holy Spirit took me back in time to that period once again, which was one of the darkest times of my life.  Suddenly, I saw the MAGINITUDE of where God has brought me from in a new way, as I have never seen before.  I literally wept, praised, and worshipped God for hours.  Let me explain.  This was NOT a sorrowful weeping.  This was a weeping of such GRATITUDE and THANKSGIVING to God for the work of SALVATION, HEALING, and DELIVERANCE that He has accomplished in my life.  I wasn’t able to even respond to my friend’s message, because I was so OVERWHELMED and UNDONE. 

           This encounter with God humbled me with gratitude and recognition of my “NOTHINGNESS” in Light of God’s GRACE and MERCY, as I have never experienced before in my life.  I came to the REVELATORY REALIZATION that I have DONE NOTHING, but to have been a RECIPIENT of God’s LOVE, MERCY, GRACE, and SALVATION.  There are so many Truths that I have known in my head for YEARS, that God is now transferring to my HEART through DIVINE REVELATION! 

          God is saying, “Now is the time for all those who DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM, to receive an outpouring of DIVINE REVELATION.”  YES!  Even as He spoke to me concerning this year, “THERE’S AN OPEN HEAVEN IN 2011!”  Now is the time for the TRUTH of GOD to move from our heads into our HEARTS by DIVINE REVELATION!  One of the GREATEST TRUTHS of SCRIPTURE is the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!  It is time for the TRUTH of John 3:16 to penetrate our hearts, as never before bringing about a NEW REBIRTH, and COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION in the BODY of CHRIST!   

          I went to intercessory prayer that evening so weak and limp from the intimate time I had spent that day with the Lord in this newfound broken and humbled state.  I truly wondered how I was going to function or pray that evening with the prayer gathering.  How was I ever going to minister, when I was just limp and broken?  I trusted myself to the Lord, asking Him to have His Way.  The Word that God had given me to share that evening was REVIVAL, as HE had ministered this Truth to me through the acrostic poem.  I shared what God had been doing in me that day.  We worshipped the Lord, as the Holy Spirit led.  Then we went into prayer and intercession again.  When I thought I had been broken and undone to the limit, God broke me again, crying out through uncontrollable weeping unto Him.  The Holy Spirit revealed to me that He was DEMONSTRATING REVIVAL through me, just as He had revealed it to me in and through the acrostic poem.

        The Holy Spirit took full control and prophesied through me with much weeping and anguish concerning the state of our nation, and particularly His Body within this nation.  The Holy Spirit spoke for a LONG TIME concerning what He is about to do in this nation.  When the praying ceased I thought to myself, that I wished I had taped what He was saying, but the Holy Spirit said, No, what He spoke was just for there at this time, but He WILL speak again in due time. 

       One again, I was left weak and limp.  I had brought my trumpet to worship the Lord, but felt as though I was too weak to minister to Him in song.  Yet, by the leading of the Holy Spirit I did worship through the song of thanksgiving, “Give Thanks”, that He had given me for that day.  Although the prayer had run later than usual, due to the moving of the Holy Spirit, He put it within one of the intercessor’s spirit for us to walk around the property and pray, as well.  Within days, God moved answering our prayers concerning some specific issues, according to His revealed will to us!  Oh how I give glory, honor and praise to the Godhead for great and mighty things that He has done!  He is yet moving in the Earth!  He is still GOD, and HE is sitting upon the throne, reigning in the hearts and lives of men! 

       How did I get from that place, which I can hardly remember without God’s grace in taking me back in time, to the place I am today?  For I am not that person anymore.  I have been completely transformed to the point that truly, I am a new creature, and old things have passes away.  Behold all things have become new, including and especially me!

IT WAS NOTHING LESS AND NOTHING MORE THAN THE GRACE AND MERCY OF GOD, MY SAVIOR WORKING THE GREATEST MIRACLE OF ALL IN MY LIFE – THE MIRACLE OF SALVATION – THE REBIRTH OF MY LOST, BROKEN, AND DESTITUTE SOUL!  FOR, I CONTINUE TO REALIZE THAT YES, I HAVE BEEN SAVED, I AM BEING SAVED, AND I WILL BE SAVED!  FOR SALVATION IS A WONDERFUL PROCESS AND WORK OF GOD ALONE TO BE COMPLETED WHEN I MEET MY LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, FACE TO FACE AND FALL AT HIS FEET COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED AND UNDONE!

May the peace of God continually reign in our hearts and lives!  May we completely submit and surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and to His work of True Salvation in our lives!  May His Kingdom come and His will be done on Earth even as it is in Heaven!  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.
             

© Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment