Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Divine Revelation of Prophetic Intercession

A Divine Revelation of Prophetic Intercession

Introduction

            Many years ago, the Holy Spirit spoke the words, “prophetic intercession” into my spirit, revealing to me that He has called me to such.  I thought I had a general understanding of what prophetic intercession entails UNTIL the Holy Spirit revealed to me otherwise!
            Ever since God revealed Atlanta, Georgia to me, as a center for the Human Trafficking (sex-trade) industry, which I shared in a precious post, “God is Calling Forth the Intercessors / Run for Freedom,” He has placed a heavy prayer burden within and upon me for this issue.  A few nights ago, I went to bed with the condition of so many enslaved through the bondage human trafficking, still heavy in my spirit.  From deep within me, without even a conscious effort or thought, a cry came forth, “Lord, set them free!”  IMMEDIATELY, the Holy began to speak and reveal to me a perspective of prophetic intercession that I had NEVER previously considered myself, or heard taught by another!
            The Holy Spirit asked me, “Did Moses cry out to ME, or to Pharaoh, the ENEMY, when he declared, ‘Let My People Go!’?”  Then the Holy Spirit began to TEACH and REVEAL an entirely new and much greater perspective of prophetic intercession to me.  The Holy Spirit is saying that there is nothing wrong with crying out to God for the release of those in bondage.  In fact, this SHOULD and MUST be done, BUT there is SO MUCH MORE to prophetic intercession than this. 
            My general understanding and experience of prophetic intercession has been that the Holy Spirit releases the prophetic Word of the LORD, declaring His WILL and TRUTH through our praise, worship, and intercession.  God is saying, “YES, BUT there is SO MUCH MORE to prophetic intercession than even this!”  As a result, the Holy Spirit has been releasing this new revelation to me for DAYS through several examples.  The first example He revealed to me was the deliverance of the nation of Israel out of the bondage of slavery in Egypt.  Let us look closely at the prophetic intercession that God used to RELEASE HIS PEOPLE FROM BONDAGE.    
     
God’s Strategic Plan

Exodus 3:9 – “Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.”  (KJV)

            First, “the cry of the children of Israel” came to the LORD.  God HEARD their cry, just as He continues to HEAR the cry of those in bondage today!  God also SAW “the oppression” of His people inflicted by the Egyptians.  What a comfort to know that God not only HEARS our cry and SEES our oppression, but He CARES, and He STRATEGIZES a way of escape and deliverance for us!  What is God’s STRATEGY of escape and deliverance for those in bondage?  PROPHETIC INTERCESSION!  Even more amazingly, YOU and I have an INTRICATELY IMPORTANT PART in HIS STRATEGIC plan.  ARE YOU READY?  HERE IT IS!

Exodus 3:5 “And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.”  (KJV)
Exodus 3:10 – “Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.”  (KJV)

            God is saying, “COME NOW THEREFORE!”  Yes, we must COME to HIM…We must DRAW NEARER to HIM in praise, worship, and prayer.  God is saying, “Now is the time of visitation.  Just as I visited Moses in the wilderness, I will visit my CHOSEN leaders.  I will manifest My presence, as I did to Moses in the burning bush, and I will announce My visitation, through My command to take off your shoes, for you are standing on Holy ground.  Every place that I visit, manifesting my presence, power, and glory is deemed as holy ground.  Every vessel of honor that I possess with my presence, power, and glory is deemed as a Holy and Sanctified vessel for My use in setting the captives free.  Just as I called Moses, I now call you to GO where I send you, GO to whom I send you, and declare to the enemy, ‘Let My People GO!’”
            First God visited His chosen leader, Moses.  Then He visited the people of Israel THROUGH His chosen leader.  God SENT Moses to release His people from bondage, yet how often do we ignorantly cry out to God to do THIS or do THAT, when He has placed the ASSIGNMENT into OUR HANDS.  He is SENDING US to accomplish HIS DIVINE WORK, PURPOSE AND STRATEGIC PLAN IN THE EARTH.  For this reason, prophetic intercession is SO MUCH MORE than crying out to God for the deliverance of souls.  PLEASE, HEAR WHAT GOD IS SAYING!  Do NOT CEASE to pray.  Do NOT CEASE to cry out to God.  Rather, God is instructing us to CRY OUT with great EXPECTATION, awaiting the VISITATION of the LORD to DRAW us NIGH unto HIM, engulfing us into HIS PRESENCE, empowering us FOR SERVICE that He may SEND US to engage in PROPHETIC INTERCESSION, and declare to the enemy, “LET GOD’S PEOPLE GO!”  This can apply to individuals, groups, cities, or even nations.  For God has placed the ASSIGNMENT of their deliverance in OUR HANDS!

“Let My People Go!”

Exodus 5:1 – “And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.”  (KJV)

               The first revelation of prophetic intercession that God showed me was that God sent Moses to OPPOSE the ENEMY, and prophetically declare TO THE ENEMY, “Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go!” Therefore, Moses’ PROPHETIC INTERCESSION went BEYOND the people’s cry out to God for deliverance to Moses and Aaron’s PROPHETIC COMMAND to the ENEMY that held them in bondage to Let God’s people go!  YES!  GOD HAS CALLED US TO WARFARE!  HE has called us to stand head to head, and toe to toe with the enemy.  HE has called us to PROPHETICALLY COMMAND the RELEASE of those who are in bondage.  HE has called us to declare TO THE ENEMY, “‘Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go!’ that they may know and worship ME, the One and Only True and Living God!”  
              In addition, God revealed to me that THE PLAGUES that HE accomplished through Moses and Aaron (His chosen prophetic leadership team!) were ACTS OF PROPHETIC INTERCESSION.  God showed me that HE used the PLAGUES to BEAT THE ENEMY DOWN to the point of SURRENDER!  In fact, each plague was a direct attack against specific Egyptian gods.  God used the plagues as prophetic intercession to HUMILIATE the Egyptian gods, and those who FOOLISHLY chose to worship them.  Likewise, God is seeking out TRUE WORSHIPERS of the One and Only True and Living GOD.  He is yet seeking out those who will WORSHIP HIM in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.  God is seeking out vessels of honor, who will stand in the gap, engaging in prophetic intercession, as a means of HUMILIATING and DEFEATING the enemy to the point of surrender, and the release of those he yet holds captive through the bondage of sin and death. 
            God is saying that THIS is the power of prophetic intercession: To war with Divine power and authority against the ENEMY OF SOULS in such a POWERFULLY PERSISTENT and STRATEGIC way, in order to LITERALLY, BEAT HIM DOWN TO THE POINT SURRENDER!  YES!  THEN HE WILL RELEASE THE CAPTIVES, BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DEFEATED THROUGH THE POWER OF PROPHETIC INTERCESSION! 
            In other words, prophetic intercession is MORE than the words or utterances that we pray.  Prophetic intercession is ALSO PROPHETIC DEMONSTRATION ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH STRATEGIC WARFARE!  It is not enough to pray only in words.  We must PROPHETICALLY INTERCEDE through the obedience of our actions, as well.  We must WALK OUT the call of prophetic intercession in word, AND prophetic demonstration of the POWER and AUTHORITY that God has placed within us. 
           God is asking each of us, just as He once asked Moses, “What’s in your hand?”  Let us surrender ourselves, and all that God has placed in our hands, as instruments of warfare and prophetic intercession.  Let us boldly declare to the enemy of souls, “Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go!” 
     
The Civil War

            God has been showing me similar demonstrations of prophetic intercession in our nation’s history, as well.  Let us look closely at the events of our nation’s history that parallel the prophetic intercession accomplished in the release of Israel from bondage.  The second revelation of prophetic intercession that God showed me was this: “The Civil War was an ACT OF PROPHETIC INTERCESSION!”  Once again, God HEARD the cry of the people, and SAW their oppression at the hands of those who held them in bondage.  He HEARD the prophetic songs declaring their freedom.  Once again, He sought out a LEADER, whom He would raise up and SEND to oppose the enemy, and declare, “Let the people go!”
            Yesterday, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, “I do not deal with politics.  I deal with LEADERSHIP.”  God is not looking for a promising politician to accomplish the work of His Kingdom.  He is looking for GODLY LEADERS!  He found such a leader in none other than, President Abraham Lincoln, affectionately known as “Honest Abe,” testifying of his godly character before God and man.  God boldly declared to him, “Son, I am sending you to proclaim, “Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go”!  
          The Emancipation Proclamation was a SCRIBAL PROPHETIC DECLARATION!  It immediately freed thousands of slaves, and the rest were set free through the advancing United States army!  As a result, God used the PROPHETIC INTERCESSION of the Civil War once more to BEAT DOWN THE CONFEDERATE ARMY TO THE POINT OF SURRENDER.  They DID NOT want to release their slaves, but they had no other alternative, due to the WARFARE and PROPHETIC INTERCESSION of God’s chosen agents!

The Civil Rights Movement

           Furthermore, God revealed to me that the Civil Rights Movement was an act of PROPHETIC INTERCESSION, as well.  This too required STRATEGIC WARFARE.  Yes, it was war of another kind, yet STRATEGIC WARFARE, nonetheless!  God found a LEADER and PROPHETIC INTERCESSOR in Martin Luther King Jr.  He boldly declared, “Son, I am sending you to proclaim, “Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go!” 
          Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech was a PIVOTAL SCRIBAL PROPHETIC DECLARATION of CHANGE and FREEDOM not only for an oppressed people, but for the NATION.  Then it was through the prophetic intercession of the Civil Rights Movement that further deliverance was accomplished, resulting in the changing of laws and transformation of the “status quo” within our NATION.  There was TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE to this change, yet God’s agents BEAT DOWN THE ENEMY TO THE POINT OF SURRENDER.  Thus, the Civil Rights Movement demonstrates this truth:  Holy Spirit – led and Holy Spirit – empowered prophetic intercession forces CHANGE, TRANSFORMATION, DELIVERANCE, and REVOLUTION!   
   
The American Revolutionary War

           Finally, the Holy Spirit showed me that the American Revolutionary War was an ACT OF PROPHETIC INTERCESSION, as well.  July 4 marks the day that we celebrate annually as “Independence Day,” commemorating the official adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. 
          Once again, the Declaration of Independence was a SCRIBAL PROPHETIC DECLARATION of our nation’s freedom.  Through this declaration, God's chosen leaders boldly commanded the enemy, “Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go!”  Yet, THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR WAS REQUIRED TO BEAT THE ENEMY DOWN TO THE POINT OF SURRENDER.  Britain was no more willing to let America go, than Pharaoh was willing to let Israel go.  Therefore, PROPHETIC INTERCESSION AND WARFARE was required to strategically accomplish God’s ordained assignment of releasing America from the bondage of Britain.  It is one thing to declare a thing, and another to WAR until that prophetic declaration becomes a reality!       

This Means War!

            What does all of this mean for us today?  THIS MEANS WAR!  You see, all of the prayers that we have cried unto the LORD, and the prophetic declarations that we have proclaimed through our spoken and scribal voices…  God has HEARD them ALL.  HE SEES the affliction of those in bondage, and HE says to us now, “Sons and Daughters of the Most High God, I am sending you to proclaim TO THE ENEMY, “Thus saith the LORD God of (natural and spiritual) Israel, Let my people go!”  God is calling us to COME and DRAW NIGH to HIM.  He is calling us to PROPHETICALLY ACCOMPLISH OTHERS’ LIBERTY THROUGH HIS POWER AND AUTHORITY.  Thus, He is calling us to STRATEGIC PROPHETIC INTERCESSION AND WARFARE.

Who Will Answer God’s Call?

            The last section of this Divine Revelation of Prophetic Intercession will be written through THE LIVES OF ALL THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ANSWER GOD’S CALL BY BOLDLY PROCLAIMING, “HERE I AM LORD, SEND ME!” . . .  and to all the enemies of God, “THUS SAITH THE LORD GOD OF (NATURAL AND SPIRITUAL) ISRAEL, LET MY PEOPLE GO!”

© 2011 Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, use only with permission

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is truly confirmation of what the LORD has been placing in my spirit and revealing. Thank you for sharing this because it has brought a greater revelation to the revelation! I now have a deeper understanding of what He is speaking and asking for in this hour.... thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen woman of God. We know in part, and one day united as one Body we shall know in full even as we are known. Be encouraged! Don't quit! Don't give up! Continue to press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I will press and press.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Me too! Press and push to give BIRTH! In Jesus' name!

    ReplyDelete