Sunday, May 8, 2011

Prayer of Productivity

              A couple of weeks ago, I was enquiring in prayer, seeking to know the will of God.  Suddenly, the Holy Spirit spoke the word “productivity” into my spirit.  As I began to enquire of the Lord, and seek His face for understanding, the Holy Spirit began to speak and reveal to me a strategy of prayer when seeking the will of God.

 The Holy Spirit explained that when someone in the world invests their finances into a business, they expect a return on their investment.  He asked me, “What does a man in the world do when their investment fails to produce a return?”  My natural response was that they take back their investment and invest elsewhere.  Then the Holy Spirit said, “In the same way, I want my people to be wise.  There is nothing wrong with my people looking for a return on their investment.”  The Holy Spirit explained that He was not only speaking about financial investments, but also investments of faith, energy, time, and obedience.  He reminded me of His command, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33, KJV).  He explained that so often our fleshly thinking limits the principal of sowing and reaping to only financial investment.  Yet, there is an even greater spiritual application to this principal.  After all, even our financial investment of tithes and offerings in the Kingdom of God are investments of faith and obedience to God’s command. 

           Then the Holy Spirit showed me how the enemy first seeks to hinder our obedience, and if he fails in this attempt, he seeks to hinder the return on the investment of our obedience.  The Holy Spirit provided another example by asking me, "What would you want with an impotent man?"  At first God's words startled me, because I am a virtuous single woman.  Then the Holy Spirit began to unwrap the metaphor, so that I cold understand its spiritual significance.  He immediately explained, "A woman's purpose is to receive seed and produce or give birth to offspring. Yet, many of My leaders are impotent!  Many of My people are sitting in churches under impotent leadership, and they aren't receiving anything.  So they are hindered from producing the will of God in their lives and ministry."

            Saints of God, this is not the will of God.  His will is for His people to be productive, and to receive the greatest return on their investment.  For this reason, Jesus stated, "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples" (KJV, John 15:8).  Finally, the Holy Spirit told me that He does not want His people to limit their prayer to seeking the general will of God to be done, but also to pray strategically for the greatest productivity and the greatest return on their investment.  As a result, the Holy Spirit gave me the following prayer of productivity.  I pray that you will receive the revelation, and the manifestation of this Word in your life and ministry.

                                   Prayer of Productivity
                                                                By Christine Lombard
                                                               Written December 2010

Father God, in the Name of Jesus,
And through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit,
I seek Your face for spiritual productivity.
I seek Your face for the return on every investment
Of prayer, faith, hope, love, obedience,
Faithful discipline, time, energy, finances . . .
That I have sowed into Your Kingdom.
Father God, lead me to the place of greatest productivity.
Lead me to the place where I will sow
And reap the greatest return on my investment.
Father God, lead me to a people who are not impotent and dried up,
But fertile and ready to produce.
Lead me to a people whose hearts are open and ready
To sow and reap a harvest of souls for Your Kingdom.
Father, I have stepped out by faith,
I am here in obedience to Your Word.
I seek Your face for the productive return
On my investment of faith and obedience.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Let us remember, this productive place and people may be the place and people we would least expect to produce the greatest return on our investment.  For, Jesus Himself was often more productive in His ministry amongst the sinners, harlots and tax collectors than the religious leaders of His time.  Lord, let us hear what Your Spirit is saying to the church, and by faith and obedience expect the unexpected!



© Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, used only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment