Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lessons in Intercession: Los Angeles, California - A City of Extremes

Lessons in Intercession:
Los Angeles, California - A City of Extremes

Daniel 10:12-14 “Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.  But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.  Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.”  (KJV)

Romans 8:25-27 - "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."  (KJV) 

          On the weekend of February 12 to 14, 2011, the Spirit of the Lord sent me on a prayer mission to Los Angeles, California.  He specifically led me to schedule a flight through Atlanta, Georgia to land in the airport and pray against the maliciously wicked sin of human trafficking.  As we flew over the city and landed at the airport, the Holy Spirit emphatically spoke and prayed a single, yet powerful word through me: EXPOSURE.  Yes, this wicked and dreadful industry MUST BE EXPOSED AND BROUGHT DOWN, by the will, power, and authority of the most High God!  He is seeking out those who will CONTEND until His will is accomplished concerning the sex slave industry being exposed and destroyed, setting the captives free in Jesus’ mighty name!
          During the flight to Los Angeles, California, once again the Holy Spirit repeated two words in my spirit, leading me to pray accordingly: THE MARGINALIZED.  According to Merriam Webster, marginalize is defined as “to relegate to an unimportant or powerless position within a society or group.”  It wasn’t until the following day that the Holy Spirit further revealed what He was speaking concerning the condition of Los Angeles, California.
          As the shuttle reached only a few blocks from the hotel, where the Holy Spirit led me, I looked up and saw a huge sign on the Staple Center announcing the big event scheduled for the following day – The Grammy Awards!  I had absolutely no idea concerning the event or the area where I would be staying during my visit.  Once I reached into the hotel and began to pray the Holy Spirit revealed to me that this was a Divine Prayer Appointment.  He had set me up to use me in a way I had never thought or imagined previously.  As I spoke out loud, “Lord, you have me here in this specific place at this specific time,” the power of God flowed through my body with direct confirmation to the truth of this statement.  During my first evening of prayer the Holy Spirit spoke to me, “I have brought you here to speak to you,” and led me to write and post the message “It’s Time to Prepare.” 
          The next morning, Sunday February 13, 2011, the Holy Spirit led me to the streets on a prayer walk.  I have been on prayer walks before, but NEVER like this one.  As I walked the Holy Spirit literally served as my tour guide.  What do I mean?  As I approached each corner, the Holy Spirit spoke clearly to me which direction to turn, and where to walk.  I followed step-by-step as the Holy Spirit led me on this walk.  He guided me around the blocks surrounding the Staple Center.  There was even an entrance leading to the Staple Center building where I walked into a forbidden section.  It wasn’t until I had reached inside this area, that a security personnel asked me if I had identification to be there, and informed me this area was closed to visitors due to the event.  When I spoke to my Mother, Prophetess Vera Paul, she confirmed that at times, God would allow us to get into places even if it is only for two seconds for His purpose and glory.  As I walked I prayed, but very little prayer was actually coming forth from me.  I was listening to what the Holy Spirit, my tour guide, was speaking to me.  At one point, I even asked Him why I wasn’t praying as I felt that I should be praying.  He spoke clearly to me, “When you reach back to the hotel you will pray and send your prayer to every place where you stepped as you walked.” 
            It was through this experience that the Holy Spirit taught me another aspect of intercession.  Before I left on this mission, Proph. Vera Paul had anointed my head, ears and feet.  INTERCESSION IS NOT ALWAYS THE WORDS THAT WE PRAY!  God revealed that this mission was MORE about HEARING WHAT HE WAS SAYING, and WALKING WHERE HE LED ME.  I do NOT fully understand or know what God did, but I DO KNOW that God used my obedience of walking the streets for His purpose, honor, and glory.  He told me that when I walked it was as if HE HIMSELF WALKED the streets!  All He required of me was my obedience, faith, trust and ear to  hear His voice!  When I returned to my hotel room, I prayed as the Holy Spirit led me, and sent my prayer to the places where I had walked, following the footsteps of My Savior. 
            Throughout this mission the Holy Spirit spoke to me concerning the city of Los Angeles, California.  He called Los Angeles “a city of extremes.”  God showed me the significance even of the name of the city, Los Angeles, meaning the city of angels.  God confirmed to me that, Yes! Los Angeles IS a city of angels, both angelic servants of the Most High God, AND fallen angels, serving Satan.  As a result, there is a tremendous WAR in the atmosphere!  The Holy Spirit led me to pray for the Body of Christ within the city to be PREPARED, and brought to a place of MATURITY in order to accomplish the will of God.  God revealed that Los Angeles is a city of extremes:  Extreme wealth and affluence, demonstrated greatest by Hollywood, and extreme poverty and marginalization, demonstrated best by Skid Row, which I had never even realized was a real place several blocks from the downtown area in all its “materialistic glory.”  God also revealed that there is an extreme concentration of wickedness within both the city of Los Angeles and the state of California.  Yet, God also has a remnant of chosen righteous ambassadors and intercessors.  This is another sign of the “extremity” of which God is speaking to me.
            The Holy Spirit also led me to pray concerning the Grammy Awards Ceremony, and the salvation of those individuals both present and absent from this event.  The Holy Spirit led me to pray for those who would be a light even in the darkness there that evening.  NOT BY ACCIDENT, BUT BY DIVINE APPOINTMENT, I met one of those lights as I checked out of the hotel the next morning.  I met a young lady in the elevator.  We went to the lobby counter to check out at the same time, when she began to speak about the Grammy Awards Ceremony.  As it turns out, she used to work at MTV, until she became a Christian, and now she works the grounds of the Grammy Awards Ceremony, where she has had the opportunity to meet many of those whom the world calls “Stars”.  She testified that many of them seem to be open to the Gospel.  After all, salvation is a MIRACLE for each of us, bringing us out of darkness into Christ’s Marvelous Light.  Nothing is impossible with God!  My prayer is that God saves people from all walks of life, transforming them into witnesses of His Light in the darkest places!  To God be the glory for great things that He hath done!
            I pray that the testimony of this prayer mission, and the lessons of intercession the Holy Spirit taught me will strengthen and encourage us all to WALK OUT the call to INTERCESSION EVERY WHERE OUR TOUR GUIDE, THE HOLY SPIRIT, LEADS US!  Let us stake claim to our cities and nations all for the honor and glory of the Godhead, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit!  
       
© Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment