Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Intercessor Inside of Me

Romans 8:25-27 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."  (KJV)


            The Holy Spirit gave me the following poem the other day, which I purposefully withheld from posting, because He gave it through such an intimate experience with Him that I thought should not be openly shared in a blog.  In actuality, His releasing of this poem preceded the poem “So Much More” that I recently posted.  Immediately following the release of this poem, the Holy Spirit began to speak the other message of Salvation into my spirit.  For some reason, in spite of my previous reservations, the Holy Spirit is leading me to share this along with the testimony that led to its release.
            I was walking in the Atlanta airport towards my gate when two long lines of soldiers walked out through the crowd.  The airport attendant leading them out began to clap, and one by one, the crowd began to clap, as well.  Suddenly, tears came to my eyes.  I am not an openly emotional person.  Yet, these last days I find myself crying for APARENTLY no reason.  Therefore, the poem, “The Intercessor Inside of Me” is the Holy Spirit’s response to my question to Him, “Why?”
            As the soldiers passed by, I watched a young soldier, maybe twenty years of age, turn with bewilderment and ask another soldier, “Why are they clapping?”  To be honest, I found his question amusing, to say the least.  Yet, this morning the Holy Spirit began to teach me something from his reaction.  The Holy Spirit is asking even now, “How many of the soldier’s in My army would ask the same question?  How many soldiers DO NOT KNOW THEIR SIGNIFICANCE AND IMPORTANCE IN GOD’S ARMY?  How many soldiers carelessly walk around, ignorant to the great danger and sacrifice that is required of them?  How many don’t even realize that they have been called as SOLDIERS and WARRIORS in My army?” 
            I do not know if angels clap in the sense that we do, but I DO KNOW that they REJOICE EXCEEDINGLY when one soul is transformed from the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of God’s Marvelous Light!  Saints of God, if we have been truly SAVED, then we are SOLDIERS and WARRIORS engaged in the GREATEST WAR of all time!  What weapons has God placed in our hands?  How effectively are we using the weapons that He has STRATEGICALLY given to us?  I have been taught, and whole-heartedly agree, due to my own FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, that PRAYER IS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPONS KNOWN TO MANKIND.  It is more powerful than the atomic bomb!  It is a weapon available to ALL OF GOD’S CHILDREN, CALLED TO WAR AGAINST THE DEVIL’S WAR.

           The Holy Spirit is now asking you and me, “Will you allow ME to have full reign inside of thee?  Will you completely and fully surrender to ME, “The Intercessor Inside of Thee”?
                                                                            
The Intercessor Inside of Me
Written January 23, 2011

Oh the burden of the unrestored,
Those who know not the LORD.
Tears come to my eyes and I weep.
Suddenly I realize, there’s One who seeks
To rescue those lost in dark caves,
One who weeps that all may be saved.
The Weeping Intercessor dwells in me
Sometimes His tears are released
In a moment, the twinkling of an eye;
He begins to cry,
Leaving my eyes undry.
“Lord what’s happening to me?”
“Oh can’t you see?
It is the Intercessor inside of thee.
Let the tears flow
And soon you will grow
To intimately know
The Intercessor inside of thee
Weeps for the lost
That yet need to find their way
To the foot of the cross.”
 
© 2011 Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment