Thursday, November 9, 2017

An Open Letter to My Brother's Abusers

An Open Letter to My Brother’s Abusers

Guardians of Abba’s Child,

            Fiery red hair, bright blue eyes.  A ball of fire, pint size.  So much life and energy… Looking back, I now see anxiety.  He was placed in YOUR care, but you treated him anything but fair.  Let’s play truth or dare.  I dare you to ask Abba to give you HIS eyes.  I dare you to allow Him to expose the lies that led to my dearly beloved brother’s final demise.  You beat him black and blue.  For what?  He never knew.  You shamed and humiliated him.  For all he knew, you hated him.  Your abuse was distributed in the name of religion, leaving little room for decision.  Who would want to know the god you reflected?  He was left to feel ashamed and rejected.  Yet, he had an earnest desire for Truth.  He knew this Truth wasn’t evident in you.  So, he searched deep and wide, I believe even till the day he died.  I know you remember the way he served as my defender.  But he never could find his own mender.  The bruises and scars remained and to this day I have tear stains, thinking about Abba’s love for His fiery red-haired child.  He too was so much more than a social worker’s file.  If only, you could have walked one mile in his shoes.  I don’t believe he would have been so bruised.  Once again, I declare freedom from the past.  Cause nothing but Love shall last eternally, and my Abba heals every infirmity.  I pray that even you come to know the Love of God that overwhelms the vilest of hearts.  I pray He bestow to you the gift of repentance from guilt and shame, enabling you to sincerely call on Jesus’ name!  May forgiveness and healing be yours as you enter through reconciliation’s Door.  Please, remember the boy with fiery red hair and bright blue eyes.  That ball of fire, pint size was Abba’s child, so much more than a social worker’s file.  May you walk a mile in his shoes and know for you and him, Jesus Messiah was bruised.           

Sincerely,
Abba’s Reconciled Child       


© 2017 Christine Lombard; All right reserved; Use only with permission

2 comments:

  1. My, my!!! May Abba’s Grace heal all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully and poetically written. I am speechless. The horror of the story and the grace that God can provide to bring healing to all involved.

    ReplyDelete