Thursday, November 9, 2017

An Open Letter to My Abuser

An Open Letter to My Abuser

Guardian of Abba’s Child,

            I was vulnerable in my abandoned state, left to your guardianship by faith.  They knew not that this was a terrible mistake.  You clothed yourself in religion to cover your nakedness.  You masked yourself in false sacredness.  You lied to me about what daddy’s and daughters sometimes do, knowing that a father or mother I never really knew.  You insisted on rules and regulations and displayed a God with very little patience.  You set an eternal ladder before me, and caused me to envision a God who was never for me.  You forgot to tell me that I’m Abba’s child, so much more than a social worker’s file.  You’re mistaken if you thought I would never awaken to the truth.  I remember the true you, not the one you displayed for others to see.  I remember what you did to me.  Yet, there is no hatred or bitterness in my heart, cause my Abba gave me a completely new start.  My only concern is for any others you may have bated and violated since that time.  I pray for exposure and closure on their behalf.  I pray that they find their way to Salvation’s path.  Yes, I even pray for you, that you would repent and turn to the Truth.  You were called to be a guardian of Abba’s child, so much more than a social worker’s file.  I forgive you and declare God's desire to forgive, deliver and heal you too.

Sincerely,
Abba’s Child       

© 2017 Christine Lombard; All right reserved; Use only with permission


No comments:

Post a Comment