Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I Fell Still



I fell still
Against my own will
As I leaned against the window sill
Watching the pain
Fall like rain
I couldn't cease with my own brain
Knowing I was to blame
For my uncomfortable view
Cause I had broken through
My own self protective lock
By rewinding the clock
And forgetting to block
The entrance of my own heart
Now all things were falling apart
And there was no way to push restart
I had already violated the guard
And I was no longer barred
From the locked up secrets
They were published on the leaflets
Of my tears
I had held back for years
Along with pent up fears
Cause I couldn't bare
The thought of going there
Where no man had ever gone before
But I had opened the door
Crossing the threshold
Allowing the truth to unfold
That I wasn't really as bold
As I pretended to be
I wasn't even bold enough to see
The real me
Hiding behind the mask
Of the meaningless tasks
Of my life
Keeping the pain out of sight
Cause such brutal honesty just wasn't right
So, I put up a good fight
To keep everything black and white
Without any shades of gray
Come what may
The secret pain must stay
Hidden
Never bidden
To come out and play
Till that fateful day
I fell still
Against my own will
As I leaned against the window sill
Watching the pain
Fall like rain
I couldn't cease with my own brain.

© 2018 Christine Lombard; All rights reserved; Use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment