Thursday, April 19, 2018

Letting Go! - Spoken Word




My hands let go.
When I said, "I know."
I left no room to grow
And limited places to go
So, my heart lets go
As I sow
A seed of release
A seed of peace
That brings forth trees
That sway in the breeze
I drop to my knees
And I bow
As every knee shall bow
And throw down their crowns
At the sound
Of inclusion
Total infusion
No more an intrusion
Cause my hands let go
What I think I know
Cause I'd rather grow
Than know
And my heart lets go
Cause I'd rather sow
Than know
And I'd rather glow
Than remain in the dark
So, I ignite a spark
And let all things fall apart
I'm remembering
And rendering
A distant recollection
Of a forced confession
That I renounce
Now that I'm unbound
By the sound
Of inclusion
Total infusion
No longer an intrusion
Cause my hands let go
What you told me to know
If I can't be me
Inside this we
Then I'll cease to be
Cause I'd rather see
With authenticity
Than bow my knee
To a false image of me
So, my heart lets go
And I'm freed to go
Where I can really glow
A place of inclusion
Total infusion
Where I'm no longer an intrusion
But I AM
Therefore, I am
A true reflection
Without rejection
Without limits
Or gimmicks
So, my hands let go
What I think I know.

© 2018 Christine Lombard; All Rights Reserved; Use Only with Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment