Friday, April 20, 2018

I Just Wanna Be Real - Spoken Word




I'm  not looking for human appeal
I just wanna be real
I'm not looking for your seal
Of approval
I just want the removal
Of unnecessary masks
And all inhumane tasks
Just one thing I ask
I just wanna be real
I want to really FEEL
My humanity
Even if it is insanity
I'm done with pretense and vanity
If you're not cool with this
I won't take your dis
Personally
Or respond cursingally
I still love you
And want you to be real too
I just want you to do you
Without all the pretense
And defense
Come! Let's make amends!
Let's be real together
And walk through the stormy weather
I know it's messy
But this is life's greatest blessing
To be REAL
And to FEEL
Our humanity
Even all it's insanity
Together
Without the need to sever
Covenants of promise
Even when we're like doubting Thomas
Let's not turn away
By the words we say
But come feel my wounds
I'll make room
For you
And I'll feel your wounds too
Cause I'm not looking for human appeal
I just wanna be real.

© 2018 Christine Lombard; All rights reserved; Use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment