Friday, June 5, 2015

Do You Know "I AM"?

Do You Know “I AM”?

When you say,
“Have Your Way in me.”
And when you pray,
“Not my way
Oh Lord, but Yours,”
 Do you really know what you’re praying for?
I AM the Door
 To life through death to self.
Through poverty of spirit,
I produce Heaven’s wealth
I AM the Way
 Of which you pray.
Yet, My Way is to obey
Every Word that Abba has to say.
My Way
Is for every disciple to lay
Down their life at the foot of the cross,
To count the cost
And consider all else but loss
For the excellency of knowing Me.
I AM the Truth written on the parchment of the scroll
I AM the Living Torah
Of which every Christian proclaims to know,
Yet, only a remnant seeks to follow
Rather than to wallow
In the dead waters, oh so shallow.
I AM the Life
Of which I proclaim in my
Wedding vows to my beloved wife.
I AM the voice of the One
And only Son
Who has won
The heart of a spotless Bride
Whose only desire is to abide
In me
So, when you say,
“Have Your way in me.”
And when you pray,
“Not my way
Oh Lord, but yours,”
Do you really know what you’re praying for?


© 2015, Christine Lombard, All rights reserved, Use only with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment